A few days ago I was nominated for two awards, the Selcouth award (which I had never heard of) and the Blogger Recognition award (I’ve done it before in this post). I hadn’t done an award post in FOREVER so I though it would be fun to do one or two so here I am :D!!! I was nominated by Rachel and Julia! You should really check out their blogs because they have awesome content 🙂
(Selcouth award) Rules:
- Thank the blogger that nominated you (and a link if you’re willing).
- Nominate 5-10 blogs (links too!).
- Answer the 13 questions given, and give the definition of your favourite (or just beautiful) word.
- Ask 13 questions of your own. They must all be about writing, reading, books or book characters. Make them as creative/wacky/selcouth as can be!
What do you want to do with your life?
Well, that’s a deep way to start this post. Ultimately, I want to show people God’s love (so much so that they come to a relationship with him) and I want to be bold in following God wherever he leads me. Everything else falls under those two things.
2. Do you live with your character (mourn with them, rejoice with them)?
Not really. Though I think if I was a full time author or I wrote everyday on a certain story I would start to do that 😀
3. What’s your favorite book turned movie?
The Chronicles of Narnia! I love that series and the movies.
4. How do you get your writing ideas?
A few different ways. Sometimes I’m just sitting thinking and an idea just pops into my head. Other times through reading things on Pintrest, books, and WordPress or through real life experiences. I get inspiration from everything and I try to write it down as soon as I think of it (otherwise I’ll forget 😉 )
5. Which book would you burn?
The Illiad! I had to read it for school recently and I really did not like it. It is just really long winded and there is wayyyyy to much strife.
6. Which book would you like to take credit for?
The whole Percy Jackson series (be prepared for a lot of PJ and HoO mentions up ahead!) Rick Riordan’s writing is so captivating. He’s really good at sarcasm too. He introduced me to the third POV. I always think I know what is going to happen in his books and then it’s never what I thought. I could keep going but I won’t because I’m sure you get the point. I would love to take credit for his work.
7. Which book character would you like to be your brother or sister?
This such a hard question! It think Jason (Heroes of Olympus series), Tanner (Forever Faithful), and Peter (The Chronicles of Narnia) would make great brothers. I would like Piper (Heroes of Olympus series) or Jenny (Forever Faithful) as sisters.
8. Which book do you wish was a movie?
I wish they would make The Angles Walking Series into movies or make The Percy Jackson Series into movies based ON THE BOOKS.
9. How would you re-write Swiss Family Robinson? I really don’t like that book!
I haven’t read the book so I don’t think it would be fair to try to re-write it 😉
10. Which book character would you like to take out of a book and which book?
PERCY JACKSON (The Percy Jackson series/Heroes of Olympus)!!!
11. Which character is your soulmate?
No book character I’ve read so far embodies my soul mate.
12. Which author would you like to meet?
I would love to meet Karen Kingsubury. I love her books and she really inspires me.
13. How would you best describe Lucy from The Chronicles of Narnia?
Empathetic, innocent, kindhearted, trusting. Lucy is adorable 🙂
My favorite word is average but I love the meaning. Haha, I just said it! Love.
Alright, now onto my questions:
- If you were only allowed to have one book (and read nothing else) what book would that be?
- What is the most boring thing you’ve written or been forced to write?
- When did you start reading?
- What book character is your soulmate?
- Who is your favorite character that you’ve created?
- If you could rewrite one book what would it be?
- Do you prefer writing nonfiction or reading nonfiction?
- What book would you like to take credit for?
- Which author would you want to meet?
- How do you get your ideas for you books?
- What is our favorite type of fiction to write (action, fantasy, romance, etc.)
- What book would you erase from existence?
- How would you write about a character that you hate?
The Blogger Recognition Award! – Love My Dollies
- Thank that awesome nominator! And give a link to their blog(S)
- Write a post about this award
- Give a short bit about how/why your started your website
- Give two bits of advice for bloggers.
- Nominate 15 bloggers
- Tell those 15 bloggers via comment!
Thank you Julia (Love My Dollies) for tagging me!! I was so excited to get to do this again 🙂
How I started my blog:
In 2014, I had watched some YouTube videos and read some blog posts about dolls and I thought that it was cool. My friend Hayley and I then participated in a website coding class. We didn’t learn enough to make our own websites, but Hayley told me about WordPress. Through plenty of prompting by her I started americangirlguide (if you want to read more about me and why I blog click here)
- Resize your pictures. I wish someone had told me this when I started blogging! If you don’t you’ll use up three GB worth of space pretty quickly. It’s really easy to do and saves lots of space. All you have to do is put the pictures into an editor (I use Picmonkey) and click resize. I like mine 400X300.
- Don’t let your blogging become a stress. I know, I know, easier said then done. You should enjoy your blog. If you are staying up way past when you should, just to get out a post (that might not even be the best quality) or not letting yourself take a break because you don’t have any time.You need to take a breather. Blogging should be fun.
For both awards, I nominate anyone who wants to do them!
I hope you like reading awards as much as I do!
Have a blessed day. Talk to you in the comments 😉
7 thoughts on “Guess who was nominated for Some Awards? (Me!)”
Good answers! And good advice. YES! NEW BLOGGERS, DO YOU HEAR THAT? PLEEAASSEE RESIZE YOUR PICTURES. XD And if you have a PC that has Microsoft, you can download an app called “Photo Gallery” that is basically like your photo library, but you can resize huge batches of photos all at once, which comes in super handy.
Haha. I had never known resizing existed when I first started blogging and I wished someone would have told me! I have a PC and I didn’t know about this. Thanks for the helpful advice 😀
Yeah! You’re welcome. 🙂
Your blog is so cute! Also, I would love to meet Karen Kingsbury too. I used to read her books all the time in high school! Have you read any of Francine Rivers’ books?
Thank you. I have never heard of Francine but I will have to check her out!
If you like Karen Kingsbury then you will LOVE Francine Rivers! I highly recommend A Voice in the Wind.
Ok, thank you!