Hiya (I feel like a karate person)! Well, Christmas is over now and break stretches on for still another week at least. What are you going to do with all this time? You may already have lots of plans or you may not have any, whatever the case here are ten things to do on winter break.
- Take a walk. The past few days I’ve been doing this and it is snow (puns 🙂 ) refreshing. It gives your eyes a chance to rest from all the screen time you are probably having and also provides you with physical activity. So just get out and enjoy God’s beautiful creation.
2. Bake a treat. This is a something I think everyone has done at least once during the winter. I personally love baking and trying new recipes. I especially like trying new recipes I find on Pintrest (check out my Pintrest here).
3. Do a random act of kindness. There are so many ways to help people in need and there are usually even more opportunities around the holidays. You could bake someone something like I mentioned above or bring in cans to a local food drive. Giving back brings so much joy to you and others around you.
4. It is break, take some time to relax and pamper yourself. Read a book, use a bath bomb or face mask, and drink some tea (or cocoa!).
5. Hangout with friends. During school you may be too busy to have time to hang out with your friends so during break have some quality time with your friends. Maybe you could plan a day to go shopping and spend Christmas money, bake a treat together, do a random act of kindness with friends, or do manicures on each other.
6. Take a photo shoot. Take photos are a lot of fun and can really boost self-esteem. This is something you can do with your friends. Plus, you’ll have tons of great Instagram pics for the new year.
7. Look through old pictures and notebooks. This is a unique and fun way to pass time.
8. Spend time with God. This is something that we should be doing everyday, but you can never spend too much time with God. Being able to just sit and relax in his presence, starting a new Bible study series, or spending extra time praying for people is an awesome way to spend time over break.
9. Hangout with family. If you can, hanging out with family is something really fun to do. Play games with your siblings (our favorites our golf, rummy, and Uno), talk to grandparents, watch Christmas movies together, or bake something.
10. Write letters. I love sending and receiving snail mail. It can be hard to sit down and write a card during the business of life, but over break you have more time. You could write thank you notes to people who sent you presents, send to a far away friends (I’m looking at you Hayley), or distant family members that you are not able to see often.
Well there you go, ten things you should do on winter break. So get off your computer and go have some fun 🙂 Thanks for reading!