With Thanksgiving today and the Christmas season right around the corner I know a lot of us are thinking about thankfulness. It can be so easy with it all around us. I know through out the year I can be too busy focusing on what I don’t have then to focus on what I do have.
But if I think about it, I could easily name hundreds of things I’m grateful for and I wouldn’t even scratch the surface. God has blessed me so much and I’m so thankful. I decided I would share with you today my top ten. Sit back, grab your popcorn and start reading 😉
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Without him, everything else on this list would be pointless, without God I have nothing. I’m so thankful that over 2,000 years ago God sent Jesus as a baby to save me and everyone else who believes in Him.
- A loving family. I’ve learned so much from my parents. We have a very close relationship and they are amazing role models. I love my two crazy younger brothers who make me laugh. I can’t imagine life without my family.
- Grandparents who care so much about me. I know some kids don’t have grandparents that can spend a lot of time with them. I’m very thankful to have grandparents that are able to come to all my different events and make time to be actively involved in my life.
- Friends new and old, who care about me. My friends are a big part of my life. Each of them support me and out up with my craziness. They are always there for me when I need them. I love them so much.
- A church and small group where I feel welcome and included. I’ve been at the same church my whole life and I love it. I always joke that my church is my second home because my family is there so much. I really like our pastors and the overall community of the church. I’m part of a small group inside my youth group with other girls my age. It has really brought me closer to the girls in the youth group. My small group leaders are always there for us and are also awesome role models.
- Supplied with all my earthly needs (food, water, clothes). I have a house, clothes, food, and water. I have abundantly more than that. I tend to take these things for granted it, really I’m so lucky to have them.
- Co-op/learning in general. I don’t always want to be doing school but I do really enjoy learning. It’s amazing how much we can learn that points us back to God and His awesomeness. I also really like my co-oop and the teachers.
- My blog. I’ve learned so much through blogging and found things I’m passionate about because of blogging. It is a very special opportunity that I have access to this form of media.
- Pets. My pets are a very special part of my life. I’m so thankful God made animals for our enjoyment.
- Music. Music, is so powerful, it can be calming or frightening, it can tear people down or bring them up. I love listening to it and it brings me closer to God.
Thanks for reading! I’m so thrilled to be able to blog and also meet new people through blogging.
I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I’d love to know some things that you are thankful for. Leave me a comment telling me what you are grateful for! Also, what is your favorite food that is served on Thanksgiving? I like everything, but especially stuffing.